Christmas Cookie Recipes ~~***Roly-Poly Santa Cookies***~~ These are so adorable! I may have to fix these for my husbands bosses! LOL Ingredients: 1 cup butter Please Finish Reading
I posted this recipe last year on April 5th as the cutest Rice Krispies Easter Treats I’ve ever seen! In my opinion, they still are!
# 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
# 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
# – OR – 4 cups miniature marshmallows
# 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
# 1/2 cup M&M’s® Easter colored chocolate candies
# Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
# 12 plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
1. Clean the inside or the plastic eggs, then coat them with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Grease your hands and firmly press 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into each plastic egg half.
Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
5. Place about 6 M&M Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
6. Decorate with frosting and additional M&M Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above.
2. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
Follow steps 3 through 6 above.
Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
(Thanks RiceKrispies.com for the directions to making this awesome treat for Easter.)